Support for companies to take climate change into account on the Upper Rhine scale
The goals of the research project:
- Identify the main changes in the climate of the Upper Rhine (Météo-France, Deutscher WetterDienst).
- To characterize the region’s sensitivities to climate change.
- Understand the specificities of the Upper Rhine territory, by co-constructing data with its economic players: what vulnerabilities and assets for this region?
- Support companies in identifying their sensitivities to climate change.
- Building supports to diagnose climate sensitivities
- Co-constructing climate services adapted to each player in the territory
The Clim'Ability Design project has 5 main objectives:
Identifying multivariate vulnerabilities in the Upper Rhine River
The collection and combination of meteorological, climatic, hydrological, economic and social information will make it possible to identify vulnerability profiles and development potential in a modified meteorological and climatic context.
Establish a tool for identifying business vulnerabilities
The design of supports for vulnerability diagnostics for companies in the Upper Rhine. These tools have an internal vocation (HSE managers) and are also intended for climate managers and consulting firms. They aim to identify priorities in terms of development strategy.
Developing strategies adapted to the different types of vulnerabilities identified in the Upper Rhine
The aim is to identify climate change adaptation scenarios (resilience scenarios) with certain companies willing to engage in in-depth studies on certain parts of the territory, on the scale of specific clusters or branches or even on the level of specific equipment or infrastructure.
Develop tailor-made information for companies (risk and opportunity management, support for decision-making and adaptation strategies, construction of new markets and innovation paths)
The aim is to build up a certain number of prerequisites from all these experiences with and from companies concerning climate change that are relevant for companies on the Upper Rhine scale.
To perpetuate a network of climate change experts in the Upper Rhine region
The aim is to build an interactive space contributing to the maintenance and dissemination of knowledge. The setting up of an interactive platform will be used during the time of the project for the process of reciprocal acculturation between the different partners.