Presentation of the Clim'Ability Diag tool
Clim’Ability Diag, accessible on www.diag-clim-ability.eu, allows a company to establish a global diagnosis or partial diagnoses of its sensitivity to the current climate and its evolution in future climate.
These diagnoses can be exported in pdf format, in the form of tables or diagrams that relate the meteorological-climatic hazards having consequences, positive or negative, on the company’s activity, to the different functions of the company: supply, human resources, site and buildings, networks and means of communication, etc.
Pilot companies that have tested the tool have found it clear, the diagnosis can be obtained quickly, in 20 minutes. If it is used by two or more managers, it can be an opportunity for exchanges and discussions about the various risks or opportunities; the overall diagnosis then generally becomes more complex, more abundant, and it can be interesting to use the diagnosis by hazard or by company function, as a support for internal discussions.
Description of how to use the tool :
- Step 1: Start the diagnosis by clicking on the “self-diagnosis” button.
- Step 2: Select the company’s field of activity from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Click on “Start Diagnosis”.
- Step 4: Fill in the impact grid by clicking on the emoticons, in order to evaluate the positive or negative impact of a hazard on a specific function of the business. All the impacts are null by default (note that the arrows at the bottom left of the grid allow you to visualize more hazards, and the hazards and areas of sensitivity are clickable and provide information about them).
- Step 5: Once the grid has been completed, click on the “validate the impact grid” button, then click on “access the synthesis”. If the user has not taken all the hazards into consideration, they will be proposed to him during his validation in order to confirm that he has not inadvertently omitted them.
- Step 6: Presentation of the results according to different parameters. At the top of the page, 4 tabs that allow you to switch between these different representations, + a tab to return to the Clim’Ability home page. These tabs offer a choice of access by random, by sensitivity domain or directly access to the general synthetic diagnosis. After clicking on a tab, you can view the results in a pdf file or on a graph by clicking on the buttons at the top right of the impact summary (by default, the results are displayed in the form of a table).
In the “diagnosis by climatic hazard” tab, it is also possible to click on a “what future for this hazard” button (on the right-hand side of the screen), which allows businesses to learn more about the climate projections for a particular weather event.
We are currently working on improving this tool at Météo France. Some changes may therefore take place in the coming weeks.
by David PELOT